• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Residents of a California town are pushing officials to remove the city's 30-year-old rock sculpture because it resembles a 'phallic symbol'

We Never Know

No Slack
What will be demanded to be taken down next?
There is a picture of it in the article.

Residents of a California town are pushing officials to remove the city's 30-year-old rock sculpture because it resembles a 'phallic symbol

"Some residents in a California town are calling for county officials to remove a longtime sculpture they believe oddly resembles a "phallic symbol."

Richard Deutsch, the artist who created the sculpture that has stood in front of the San Benito County administrative building for 30 years, said that he was inspired by the Pinnacles National Monument, which is in the Salinas Valley region of California, according to KSBW.

"What I did was I chose some of the formations as being the center point for the project in front of your county building," Deutsch said according to the outlet.

Elia Salinas, one of the residents calling for the sculpture's removal, said that some women who work in the county building are offended by the imagery of the sculpture, KSBW reported.

"The women in this building feel uncomfortable," Salinas told the outlet. "Not all, apparently, but there are some women who feel uncomfortable to walk into thie building and having this phallic symbol."

Edit... I figured I may as well include the picture in case some can't access the link

IMG_20230413_140623.jpg

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What will be demanded to be taken down next?
There is a picture of it in the article.

Residents of a California town are pushing officials to remove the city's 30-year-old rock sculpture because it resembles a 'phallic symbol

"Some residents in a California town are calling for county officials to remove a longtime sculpture they believe oddly resembles a "phallic symbol."

Richard Deutsch, the artist who created the sculpture that has stood in front of the San Benito County administrative building for 30 years, said that he was inspired by the Pinnacles National Monument, which is in the Salinas Valley region of California, according to KSBW.

"What I did was I chose some of the formations as being the center point for the project in front of your county building," Deutsch said according to the outlet.

Elia Salinas, one of the residents calling for the sculpture's removal, said that some women who work in the county building are offended by the imagery of the sculpture, KSBW reported.

"The women in this building feel uncomfortable," Salinas told the outlet. "Not all, apparently, but there are some women who feel uncomfortable to walk into thie building and having this phallic symbol."

What a sensitive crybaby bunch.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Time to ban grain silos. They're everywhere.

Where I live, there is a nearby apartment building that has some small, dark, phallic objects mounted onto the ground. Each one is flanked by some plants. If only they didn’t have holes on the sides—they would otherwise receive my worship.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Excerpted....
Pareidolia (/ˌpærɪˈdoʊliə, ˌpɛər-/;[1] also US: /ˌpɛəraɪ-/)[2] is the tendency for perception to impose a meaningful interpretation on a nebulous stimulus, usually visual, so that one sees an object, pattern, or meaning where there is none.

Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, seeing faces in inanimate objects, or lunar pareidolia like the Man in the Moon or the Moon rabbit. The concept of pareidolia may extend to include hidden messages in recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing voices (mainly indistinct) or music in random noise, such as that produced by air conditioners or fans.[3][4]
:
Pareidolia is frequent among patients with Parkinson's disease and dementia with Lewy bodies.[8] Pareidolia correlates with age but not autism traits.[9]